Both Presto and Flink make use of a Catalog in order to be able to
read/write data from a source/sink.
I don't agree about " Flink is about processing data streams" because Flink
is competitive also for the batch workloads (and this will be further
improved in the next releases).
I'd like to register my data sources/sinks in one single catalog (E.g.
Presto) and then being able to reuse it also in Flink (with a simple
translation).
My idea of integration here is thus more at catalog level since I would use
Presto for exploring data from UI and Flink to process it because once the
configuration part has finished (since I have many Flink jobs that I don't
want to throw away or rewrite).