Hi,

I think reducing the frequency of the checkpoints and decreasing parallelism of
the things using the S3AOutputStream class, would help to mitigate the issue.

I don’t know about other solutions. I would suggest to ask this question
directly to Steve L. in the bug ticket [1], as he is the one that fixed the
issue. If there is no workaround, maybe it would be possible to put a pressure
on the Hadoop guys to back port the fix to older versions?

Piotrek

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-15658