From: Lu Weizheng <luweizhen...@hotmail.com>
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2020 10:25
To: user@flink.apache.org <user@flink.apache.org>
Subject: Difference between JobManager and JobMaster

Hi all,

Recently I am reading source code of Flink. There are both JobManager and
JobMaster in flink-runtime project. And JobManagerRunner interface says it is a
runner which executes a JobMaster. So how to distinguish the two concepts? Is
JobMaster a subset of JobManager? Or JobMaster is a new version which is going
to replace the function of JobManager? Or the two roles are different?

Thank you!

Weizheng