Community,

I am interested in determining the total time to recover for a Flink application after experiencing a partial failure. Let's assume a pipeline consisting of Kafka -> Flink -> Kafka with Exactly-Once guarantees enabled.

Taking a look at the documentation (https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.9/monitoring/metrics.html), one of the metrics which can be gathered is /recoveryTime/. However, as far as I can tell this is only the time taken for the system to go from an inconsistent state back into a consistent state, i.e. restarting the job. Is there any way of measuring the amount of time taken from the point when the failure occurred till the point when the system catches up to the last message that was processed before the outage?

Thank you very much in advance!

Regards,
Morgan.