Hi Community

In our Flink job, in source we are creating our own stream to process n number
of objects per 2 minutes. And in process function for each object from
generated source stream we are doing some operation which we expect to get
finished in 2 minutes.

Every 2 minutes we are generating same ’N’ objects in stream which process
function will process.  But in some cases process function is taking longer
time around 10 minutes. In this case stream will have 5 number of sets for ’N’
objects as process function is waiting for 10 minutes as source is adding ’N’
objects in stream at every 2 minutes. Problem is we don’t want to process these
objects 5 times, we want it to process only once for the latest ’N’ objects.

This lag can be more or less from process function which results in lag from
source to process function in job execution.

Thanks in advance !!!