Hi Gordon,

Thanks. This works for me.

I find it strange that when I do this it works (I made the differences bold)

List<TestRecord> result = new ArrayList<>(5);

DataStreamUtils.collect(resultDataStream).forEachRemaining(result::add);

*resultDataStream.print();*

environment.execute();

how ever this does not work

List<TestRecord> result = new ArrayList<>(5);

DataStreamUtils.collect(resultDataStream).forEachRemaining(result::add);

environment.execute();

and this also does not work

*resultDataStream.print();*

List<TestRecord> result = new ArrayList<>(5);

DataStreamUtils.collect(resultDataStream).forEachRemaining(result::add);

environment.execute();

In both these cases it fails with

java.lang.IllegalStateException: *No operators defined in streaming
topology. Cannot execute.*

at
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.environment.StreamExecutionEnvironment.getStreamGraphGenerator(StreamExecutionEnvironment.java:1792)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.environment.StreamExecutionEnvironment.getStreamGraph(StreamExecutionEnvironment.java:1783)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.environment.StreamExecutionEnvironment.getStreamGraph(StreamExecutionEnvironment.java:1768)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.environment.StreamExecutionEnvironment.execute(StreamExecutionEnvironment.java:1620)
at
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.environment.StreamExecutionEnvironment.execute(StreamExecutionEnvironment.java:1602)
at
nl.basjes.parse.useragent.flink.TestUserAgentAnalysisMapperInline.testInlineDefinitionDataStream(TestUserAgentAnalysisMapperInline.java:144)

Did I do something wrong?
Is this a bug in the DataStreamUtils ?

Niels Basjes