Hi Gyula,

That's a good point and is on the roadmap.

In 1.10, JSON and CSV format can derive format schema from table schema. So
you don't need to specify format schema in properties anymore if you are
using 1.10.

On the contrary, we are planning to derive table schema from format schema
if it is specified, e.g. "format.fields", "format.avro-file-path".
Furthermore, table schema can be inferenced if there is a schema registry
or even read some data and infer it.
I created FLINK-16420 to track this effort. But not sure we have enough
time to support it before 1.11.

Best,
Jark

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-16420