Have you tried to just export Hadoop 3's classpath to `HADOOP_CLASSPATH`
and see if that works out of the box?

If the main use case is HDFS access, then there is a fair chance it might
just work, because Flink uses only a small subset of the Hadoop FS API
which is stable between 2.x and 3.x, as far as I tried it out a while back.