Hi Kant,

according to the documentation [1], you don't need to set a watermark
assigner:

> Compared to *event time*, *ingestion time* programs cannot handle any
> out-of-order events or late data, but the programs don’t have to specify
> how to generate *watermarks*.
>
> Internally, *ingestion time* is treated much like *event time*, but with
> automatic timestamp assignment and automatic watermark generation.

So it's neither possible to assign timestamps nor watermark, but it seems
as if the default behavior is exactly as you want it to be. If that doesn't
work for you, could you please rephrase your last question or describe your
use case? I didn't get it.

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.10/dev/event_time.html