Hi forideal,

I got your point.
About replay kafka history data, if the data came in flink very unbalanced
between partitions.
That maybe lead to very big state, and lead to disk/memory unstable.
And Yes, FLIP-27 can help you.

About work around way, IMO, it maybe a little hacky but works. And it
should not easy.
How about try solving this inside Flink, like use "GlobalAggregateManager",
better than external storage.

Best,
Jingsong Lee

--