For point (1) above:
Its up to user to have proper sink and source to choose to have exactly
once semantics as per the documentation:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/dev/connectors/guarantees.html
If we choose the supported source and sink combinations duplicates will be
avoided.

For point (2)
If the communication breaks across Job manager and task manager during the
save point or checkpoint operation,
checkpoint/save point will be declined. We can't have them

Regards
Bhaskar