Thanks for the responses and thanks Gary for the confirmation.

Just to give some background, we deploy Flink inside Kubernetes so there is
a chance that TaskManagers COULD be shut down in a non-graceful way leaving
cache artifacts on the temporary volumes.

With Gary's confirmation, we'll add an init container to make sure the
volumes are cleared before a TM starts.

/David/