Hello,

I'm playing around with Table/SQL API (Flink 1.9/1.10) and I was wondering how I can do the following:

1. read batch data (e.g. from files)

2. sort them using Table/SQL SortOperator

3. perform further operations using "normal" DataStream API (treating my batch as finite stream) - to reuse the code I have developed for stream processing cases.

Now, to perform step 2. I understand I should use Blink planner in batch mode, but then - although there is StreamExecutionEnvironment underneath - there seems to be no easy

(or at least documented ;)) way of going from Table to DataStream.

The toAppendStream/toRetractStream are restricted to stream mode, and if I use it I cannot use SortOperator easily.

Of course, I can write results to some external output like files, but I'd like to avoid that...

Is there any nice way to do this? And if not - are there plans to make it possible in the future?

thanks,

maciek

ps. the new Table/SQL stuff is really, really cool!