I agree with your point Piotrek, AsyncIO would handle all the pending data
for me. However, the reason why I did not want to use it is because in my
case, the callbacks are not always called in response of new data being sent
to the third party lib. Indeed, the callback will be called rather
uncommonly (since in my case it will mean that an anomaly has been
detected). This means that If I go with AsyncIO I will need to setup a max
timeout for every element, when only a few of them will actuallyinvoke the
callback (i.e., produce any data in response). This seems rather drastic
because it will probably add too much latency unnecessarily, but I agree on
that maybe there is no other way if I need exactly once guarantees.