I am trying to answer your question inline.

> The server has twice more than that, and on flink 1.8 this configuration
> works, why when switching to 1.10 it is not enough resources?

>From 1.10, the taskmanager resource related configuration has changed and
the default value is bigger than before. So you may find the same
application costs more resources. You could checkout the migration guide[1]
for more information.

> > Why ClusterEnterpoint reports -xmx424m ?

Since the default cut-off is 600m(configured via
“containerized.heap-cutoff-min”), the heap size of jobmanager is 1024m.
Only 424m left for the jobmanager heap.

> When I start the job YarnClusterDescriptor.deployJobCluster it reports
> the amount of memory assigned to the task manager, ClusterEnterpoint
> reports -xmx424m is responsible for?

The “-xmx424m” is just for jobmanager heap size. You need to check the
taskmanager logs whether the memory setting is expected.

> What leads to this exception and how am I supposed to configure JAAS
> section named Client?

I am not an export of security. However, it seems that Flink create a
default empty JAAS file and the zookeeper client tries to load it. So it
causes such warning log. But i think it is unrelated with your problem. I
have tries on my YARN cluster, the same logs show up and the Flink job runs
pretty well. If you really want to connect with zookeeper with JAAS, i
think you need to specify your own valid JAAS file.[2]

> What can be the reason of failures  to connect ResourceManager (if with
> flink 1.8 the job didn't have such issues, it's not a firewall issue or
> lack of resources)?

It is quite strange that the JobMaster and FlinkResourceManager is running
in a same process. However, the JobMaster could not connect with the
address “ip-172-31-65-130.eu-central-1.compute.internal:39331”. When you
find such logs, could you login the YARN nodemanager to check whether the
JobManager process is listening at the specified port and then use `telnet`
to check the network connectivity?

Also i think you could have a try to configure the jobmanager rpc port with
a fixed one or port range(configured via “yarn.application-master.port”).

Hope it could help you somewhat.

[1].
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.10/ops/memory/mem_migration.html
[2].