Hi,

New to both AWS and Flink but currently have a need to write incoming data into
a S3 bucket managed via AWS Tempory credentials.

I am unable to get this to work, but I am not entirely sure on the steps
needed.  I can write to S3 buckets that are not 'remote' and managed by STS
tempory credentials fine.

I am using flink 1.9.1, as this will when deployed live in EMR.

My flink-conf.yml contains the following entries:

    fs.s3a.bucket.sky-rdk-telemetry.aws.credentials.provider: >
org.apache.flink.fs.shaded.hadoop3.org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.auth.AssumedRoleCredentialProvider
    fs.s3a.bucket.sky-rdk-telemetry.assumed.role.credentials.provider:
org.apache.hadoop.fs.s3a.SimpleAWSCredentialsProvider
    fs.s3a.bucket.sky-rdk-telemetry.access-key: xxxxx
    fs.s3a.bucket.sky-rdk-telemetry.secret-key: xxxx
    fs.s3a.bucket.sky-rdk-telemetry.assumed.role.arn: xxxx
    fs.s3a.bucket.sky-rdk-telemetry.assumed.role.session.name: xxxx

And my POM contains

<dependencyManagement>
        <dependencies>
            <dependency>
                <groupId>com.amazonaws</groupId>
                <artifactId>aws-java-sdk-bom</artifactId>
                <version>1.11.700</version>
                <type>pom</type>
                <scope>import</scope>
            </dependency>
        </dependencies>
    </dependencyManagement>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>com.amazonaws</groupId>
            <artifactId>aws-java-sdk-sts</artifactId>
            <version>1.11.700</version>
        </dependency>

I have put the jar flink-s3-fs-hadoop-1.9.1.jar into the plugins directory.

Running my test Jar I am getting exceptions related to Class not found for
org/apache/flink/fs/s3base/shaded/com/amazonaws/services/securitytoken/model/AWSSecurityTokenServiceException

and poking around I see this is shaded into a package in Kinesis.  I have added
some rules to maven shade to rewrite the package as needed but this still
doesn't help.

Am I heading in the correct direction?  Searching has not turned up much
information that I have been able to make use of.

Thanks for your time,