Hi Navneeth,

I think there might be some misunderstanding here. Let me try to clarify.

1) The so-called native Kubernetes support [1], which was added as an
experimental feature in Flink 1.10, is not used by Ververica Platform CE
nor by the Lyft K8s Operator as far as I am aware of.

2) The native Kubernetes support only supports session clusters [1] so far.
Support for Job clusters work in progress for Flink 1.11. In case of a
session cluster, Flink will request additional resources from Kubernetes
whenever necessary to deploy a Flink Job upon submission. So, there is
automatic scaling of the *cluster, *but no automatic scaling of the *jobs*.

3) There are multiple efforts within the Flink ecosystem working on auto
scaling jobs.

I hope this helps and please reach out if you have further questions.

Best,

Konstantin

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.10/ops/deployment/native_kubernetes.html
[2]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.10/concepts/glossary.html#flink-session-cluster

--

Konstantin Knauf | Head of Product

+49 160 91394525

Follow us @VervericaData Ververica <https://www.ververica.com/>

Conference

Ververica GmbH
Managing Directors: Timothy Alexander Steinert, Yip Park Tung Jason, Ji
(Tony) Cheng