Hm, I confused sockets to work the other way around (so pulling like
URLInputStream instead of listening). I'd go by providing the data on a
port on each generator node. And then read from that in multiple sources.

I think the best solution is to implement a custom InputFormat and then use
readInput. You could implement a subclass of GenericInputFormat. You might
even use IteratorInputFormat like this:

private static class URLInputIterator implements Iterator<Tuple2<Long,
Long>>, Serializable {
   private final URL url;
   private Iterator<Tuple2<Long, Long>> inner;

   private URLInputIterator(URL url) {
      this.url = url;
   }

   private void readObject(ObjectInputStream in) throws IOException,
ClassNotFoundException {
      InputStream inputStream = url.openStream();
      inner = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(inputStream,
StandardCharsets.UTF_8))
         .lines()
         .map(line -> {
            String[] parts = line.split(";");
            return new Tuple2<>(Long.parseLong(parts[0]),
Long.parseLong(parts[1]));
         })
         .iterator();
   }

   @Override
   public boolean hasNext() {
      return inner.hasNext();
   }

   @Override
   public Tuple2<Long, Long> next() {
      return inner.next();
   }
}

env.fromCollection(new URLInputIterator(new URL("gen_node1", 9999)),
Types.TUPLE(Types.LONG, Types.LONG));