Hi Timo,

Yeah, I got the idea of getting access to timers through process function
and had the same result which you explained
that is a side output doesn't guarantee that the data is written out to
sink. (so maybe Fabian in that post pointed out something
else which I am missing). If I am correct then, data is written to side
output as soon as it is processed in the Process function (maybe in
process function itself on Ontimer call if a timer has been set, right?

I am doing all computation in Datastream<Object> and then adding a mapper
to convert to DataStream<Row> to sink through JdbcAppendTableSink
which is part of Table API I think. I will definitely try exploring the
Jdbc Sink function and context to get the watermark.

Thinking out of the box, is it possible to add some extra operator after
sink which will always have watermark which is greater than sink function
watermarks,
as its a downstream operator.
Also, does the problem simplify if we have Kafka sink?

--
Thanks & Regards

Shubham Kumar