Hi Matt,

sorry for the late reply. Why are you using the "flink-docker" helm example
instead of
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/ops/deployment/kubernetes.html
 or
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/ops/deployment/native_kubernetes.html
 ?
I don't think that the helm charts you are mentioning are actively
maintained or recommended for production use.

If you want to create a savepoint in Flink, you'll need to trigger it via
the JobManager's REST API (independent of how you deploy it). I guess
you'll have to come up with some tooling that orchestrates triggering a
savepoint before shutting down / upgrading the job.
See also:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/monitoring/rest_api.html#jobs-jobid-savepoints

Best,
Robert