While I still think it would be great for Flink to accept an InputStream, and
allow the programmer to decide if it is a remote TCP call or local file, for
the sake of my demo, I simply
found the file path within Gradle and supplied to the Gradle application run
plugin like this:

run {
    args = ["--input-file", file('timeseries.csv')]
}

and that launched my application with minimal configuration.