Hi folks,
I want to split my stream for some invalid message handling, and need help
understanding a few things.
Question 1: Why is *split *operator deprecated?
Question 2: Why side-outputs are only supported for ProcessFunction,
KeyedProcessFunction etc.

The doc on side-outputs says: "*You can use the Context parameter, which is
exposed to users in the above functions, to emit data to a side output
identified by an OutputTag*",
my question really is why is Context parameter only available to these
functions?

My understanding is that the process functions are meant to allow dealing
with timers, timestamps and watermarks. Is there an inherent connection
between side outputs and timers that I am missing? I don't think I need any
such handling.

For use instead of a RichAsyncFunction etc., there does not seem to exist a
dedicated async flavor of process functions.

Side-outputs from RichAsyncFunction thread
<http://apache-flink-user-mailing-list-archive.2336050.n4.nabble.com/Side-Outputs-from-RichAsyncFunction-td32869.html#a32922>
suggests
using Either<X, CustomError>. For Java developers, there is no standard way
of achieving this, any other suggestions?

Best,
Ivneet