From:Lu Weizheng <luweizhen...@hotmail.com>
Send Time:2020年6月22日(星期一) 07:20
To:user@flink.apache.org <user@flink.apache.org>
Subject:Unaligned Checkpoint and Exactly Once

 Hi there,

 The new feature in Flink 1.11 will provide us the Unaligned Checkpoint which
means a operator subtask does not need to wait all the Checkpoint barrier and
will not block some channels. As the Checkpoint barrier is the key mechanism
for Exactly Once guarantee, I am not sure Unaligned Checkpoint could still
achieve Exactly Once guarantee or only AT Least Once?

FLIP-76 :
Unaligned checkpoints will initially be an optional feature. After collecting
experience and implementing all necessary extensions, unaligned checkpoint will
probably be enabled by default for exactly once.

 What's more, in the following two configs,

 Config 1
env.getCheckpointConfig().enableUnalignedCheckpoints();

 Config 2

checkpointCfg.setCheckpointingMode(CheckpointingMode.AT_LEAST_ONCE);

 Does Config 2 use a even simpler way for Checkpoint than Unaligned Checkpoint?

 Hope for replies!

 Weizheng