Hi Mark,

could you please check if you can tune akka? Usually in async I/O, the used
library uses a thread pool that becomes the actual bottleneck.

If you configure async I/O to use a capacity of 100 and parallelism of 8 on
one node, you also need to have ~800 threads in akka (500 might be enough
because of overhead) or else async I/O gets blocked while waiting for akka
threads to become available.

Best,

Arvid

--

Arvid Heise | Senior Java Developer

<https://www.ververica.com/>

Follow us @VervericaData

Conference

Ververica GmbH
Managing Directors: Timothy Alexander Steinert, Yip Park Tung Jason, Ji
(Toni) Cheng