Hi,

I have a docker image of the Beam WordCount example that reads a
status file and produces a output one time with word counts etc.

This runs fine as a separate job-manager and task-manager when run from
docker-compose locally.

Now, I am trying to deploy and run this on my Kubernetes cluster as per
instructions at
https://github.com/apache/flink/tree/release-1.10/flink-container/kubernetes
.

Deployment of Job-cluster and task-manager goes thro fine but the
task-manager never seems to be picked up - it always stays in 'Pending'
status!
Is this expected behavior for a one-time Job like Word-Count application or
am I missing something?

Thanks
Avijit

$ kubectl get pods
NAME                                  READY               STATUS
 RESTARTS   AGE
flink-job-cluster-kw85v               2/2                   Running   2
     15m
flink-task-manager-5cc79c5795-7mnqh   0/2     Pending   0          14m