hi

GenericInMemoryCatalog does not support settings now,
or you can refer to [1] for supported catalog details
and you can refer to [2] to supported types details.

"Kafka schema registry for schema" is under discussion [3],
which can be ready in 1.12.

sql client supports DDL to create a table with json format [4],
you can use ROW type to define nested json.
for example:

create table my_table (
  f varchar,
  nest_column row<