Hi,

We want to collect metrics for stream processing, typically counts aggregated
over 1-minute buckets. However, we want these 1-minute boundaries determined by
timestamps within the data records. Flink metrics do not handle this so we want
to roll our own. How to proceed ? Some of our team members believe we can add
methods in operator class code that can be called from the main Flink program,
whist I am not sure this is supposed to be possible. Others consider using a
side output stream with a record per input record and use Flink operators to do
the aggregation. That may double the amount of records processed.

Can we extend the Flink metrics to provide such aggregation ?

Regards,

Joris