Hi Richard,
thanks for forwarding my answer to the list!

I fear that Flink does not have a built-in solution for serving the logs of
a finished TaskManager while a YARN session is still running.

I agree with Yangze that you probably have to rely on an external logging
service, such as ElasticSearch or Splunk to index your log events.
Maybe there's also some tooling from Cloudera specifically made for YARN?