Yes for the other deployments it is not a problem. A reason why people
preferred non-zero exit codes in case of FAILED jobs is that this is easier
to monitor than having to take a look at the actual job result. Moreover,
in the YARN web UI the application shows as failed if I am not mistaken.
However, from a framework's perspective, a FAILED job does not mean that
Flink has failed and, hence, the return code could still be 0 in my opinion.

Cheers,
Till