Hi Alexey,

Actually, StatefulSets could also be used to start the JobManager and
TaskManager.

So why do we suggest to use Deployment in the Flink documentation?
* StatefulSets requires the user to have persistent volume in the K8s
cluster. However, it is not always true,
  especially for the unmanaged(self-build) K8s cluster.
* Flink uses Zookeeper and distributed storage(S3, GFS, etc.) to process
the fault tolerance. If you start multiple
  JobManagers, the leader election and leader retrieval will be done via
Zookeeper. Also the meta information will
   be stored in the Zookeeper. So it is unnecessary to use StatefulSet to
do more things.
* The local data of JobManager and TaskManager is ephemeral. It could be
discarded after crashed.

Best,
Yang

Arvid Heise <ar...@ververica.com> 于2020年8月13日周四 下午4:38写道: