Hi Till,
KafkaSerializationSchema is only pluggable for the DataStream API, not for
the Table API. KafkaTableSink hard codes a KeyedSerializationSchema that
uses a null key, and this behavior can't be overridden.

I have to say I was quite surprised by this behavior, as publishing events
to Kafka using a key to keep order inside a given partition is usually a
very common requirement.

--
Best Regards,
Yuval Itzchakov.