Hi Ori,

No. Flink does it differently. Operators that are keeping track of late
events, are remembering the latest watermark. If a new element arrives with
even time lower compared to the latest watermark, it is marked as a late
event [1]

Piotrek

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.11/concepts/timely-stream-processing.html#lateness