From: Boris Lublinsky <boris.lublin...@lightbend.com>
Sent: Friday, August 21, 2020 7:18
To: user <user@flink.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Flink checkpointing with Azure block storage

To test it, I created flink-conf.yaml file and put it in resource directory of
my project
The file contains the following:

#==============================================================================
# Fault tolerance and checkpointing
#==============================================================================

# The backend that will be used to store operator state checkpoints if
# checkpointing is enabled.
#
# Supported backends are 'jobmanager', 'filesystem', 'rocksdb', or the
# <class-name-of-factory>.
#
state.backend: filesystem

# Directory for checkpoints filesystem, when using any of the default bundled
# state backends.
#
state.checkpoints.dir:
wasb://<your-container>@$<your-azure-account>.blob.core.windows.net<http://blob.core.windows.net>/<object-path>

fs.azure.account.key.<account_name>.blob.core.windows.net<http://blob.core.windows.net>:
 <azure_storage_key>

# Default target directory for savepoints, optional.
#
# state.savepoints.dir: hdfs://namenode-host:port/flink-checkpoints

# Flag to enable/disable incremental checkpoints for backends that

Which should of produce error,

But what I see is that it does not seen to take effect:

313 [flink-akka.actor.default-dispatcher-3] INFO
org.apache.flink.runtime.jobmaster.JobMaster  - No state backend has been
configured, using default (Memory / JobManager) MemoryStateBackend (data in
heap memory / checkpoints to JobManager) (checkpoints: 'null', savepoints:
'null', asynchronous: TRUE, maxStateSize: 5242880)
3327 [flink-akka.actor.default-dispatcher-3] INFO
org.apache.flink.runtime.jobmaster.JobMaster  - Using failover strategy
org.apache.flink.runtime.executiongraph.failover.flip1.RestartPipelinedRegionFailoverStrategy@5ef4eacb
 for Flink Streaming Job (427dae12e8f7243742ae8bd152467edc).
3329 [flink-akka.actor.default-dispatcher-3] INFO
org.apache.flink.runtime.highavailability.nonha.embedded.EmbeddedLeaderService
- Proposing leadership to contender akka://flink/user/rpc/jobmanager_3

On Aug 20, 2020, at 5:14 PM, Boris Lublinsky