Hi devs and users,

I would like to start the discussion about FLIP-144[1], which will introduce
a new native high availability service for Kubernetes.

Currently, Flink has provided Zookeeper HA service and been widely used
in production environments. It could be integrated in standalone cluster,
Yarn, Kubernetes deployments. However, using the Zookeeper HA in K8s
will take additional cost since we need to manage a Zookeeper cluster.
In the meantime, K8s has provided some public API for leader election[2]
and configuration storage(i.e. ConfigMap[3]). We could leverage these
features and make running HA configured Flink cluster on K8s more
convenient.

Both the standalone on K8s and native K8s could benefit from the new
introduced KubernetesHaService.

[1].
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-144%3A+Native+Kubernetes+HA+for+Flink
[2].