From: Till Rohrmann <trohrm...@apache.org>
Date: Wednesday, October 7, 2020 at 10:55 AM
To: dev <d...@flink.apache.org>
Cc: Shengkai Fang <fskm...@gmail.com>, "user@flink.apache.org"
<user@flink.apache.org>, "j...@apache.org" <j...@apache.org>, Leonard Xu
<xbjt...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: autoCommit for postgres jdbc streaming in Table/SQL API

Hi Dylan,

thanks for reaching out to the Flink community and excuse our late response. I
am not an expert for the Table API and its JDBC connector but what you describe
sounds like a missing feature. Also given that FLINK-12198 enabled this feature
for the JDBCInputFormat indicates that we might simply need to make it
configurable from the JdbcTableSource. I am pulling in Jark and Leonard who
worked on the JdbcTableSource and might help you to get this feature into
Flink. Their response could take a week because they are currently on vacation
if I am not mistaken.

What you could already do is to open an issue linking FLINK-12198 and
describing the problem and your solution proposal.

Cheers,
Till

On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 5:00 PM Dylan Forciea