Thanks for the feedback. I've created a JIRA here
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-19589.

@Dan: This indeed would make it easier to set a lifetime property on
objects created by Flink, but actually if you want to apply it to all your
objects for a given bucket you can set bucket wide policies instead. The
reason I want this is that we have a shared bucket and wish to tag
different objects based on which pipeline is producing them.