Hello,

I've been trying to configure the offset start position for a flink kafka
consumer. when there is no committed offset, to always start at the
beginning. It seems like the typical way to do this would be setting
auto.offset.reset=earliest however, I don't see that configuration property
in the documentation.
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.11/dev/table/connectors/kafka.html

However, I do see scan.startup.mode = earliest-offset, but from the docs it
sounds like this would mean it would never commit an offset and flink would
always start consuming from the beginning of the kafka stream, which is not
what I want.

Is this the case or am I misunderstanding? How can I get the behavior that
I wish to see, where committed offsets are respected, but no offset means
start at the beginning of the kafka log stream?

Thanks!
--

Rex Fenley  |  Software Engineer - Mobile and Backend

Remind.com <https://www.remind.com/> |  BLOG <http://blog.remind.com/>
US <https://twitter.com/remindhq>  |  LIKE US
<https://www.facebook.com/remindhq>