Hi,
I have the following pattern:

       // Get the exec environment. This could be a cluster or a
mini-cluster used for local development.
      StreamExecutionEnvironment env =
StreamExecutionEnvironment.getExecutionEnvironment();
      // Make the Flink runtime use event time as time metric.
      env.setStreamTimeCharacteristic(TimeCharacteristic.EventTime);
      // Generate a watermark every WATERMARK_PERIODICITY ms.
      env.getConfig().setAutoWatermarkInterval(WATERMARK_PERIODICITY);

Config.readProperties();

}

class Config {

private final static Logger LOGGER = LoggerFactory.getLogger(Config.class);

// Populates variables above with values read from config file.
public static void readProperties() throws Exception {
    Properties prop = new Properties();

    String propFileLocation = System.getenv("FLINK_CONFIG_LOCATION");
    if (propFileLocation == null) {
        System.err.println("Properties file pointer env variable
FLINK_CONFIG_LOCATION missing!");
        System.exit(1);
    }
    FileInputStream is = null;
    try {
       is = new FileInputStream(new File(propFileLocation));

    } catch (Exception e) {
        System.err.println("File " + propFileLocation + " not found!");
        System.exit(1);
    }

    prop.load(is);

   * LOGGER.info("......"); // prints content read from property file*

  }

}

When I run this program as a minicluster, I am able to see the
LOGGER.info() being printed in my console.
However, when I submit this job as a JAR to a flink cluster, the Config
class's  LOGGER.info()* line above is never printed in the
taskmanager's logs!* I don't understand why this is happening because log
statements from other operators are definitely being printed in the log
files on the cluster. What am I doing wrong?

My log4j.properties file is:

log4j.rootLogger=INFO, console, fileAppender

log4j.appender.console=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.console.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.console.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{HH:mm:ss,SSS} %-5p
%-60c %x - %m%n

log4j.appender.fileAppender=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.fileAppender.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.fileAppender.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{HH:mm:ss,SSS}
%-5p %-60c %x - %m%n
log4j.appender.fileAppender.File=dataProcessingEngine.log
log4j.appender.fileAppender.policies.type = Policies
log4j.appender.fileAppender.policies.size.type = SizeBasedTriggeringPolicy
log4j.appender.fileAppender.policies.size.size=10MB
log4j.appender.fileAppender.strategy.type = DefaultRolloverStrategy
log4j.appender.fileAppender.strategy.max = 5

Thank you,
Manas Kale