Hi,
I agree that our docs are not mentioning this anywhere. I would have
expected it on this page:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/ops/upgrading.html.
I filed a ticket to address this:

The only thing Flink officially guarantees is that a job compiled against
1.11.0 also compiles against 1.11.2. There could be protocol or format
changes that could break if you are using a Flink job compiled against an
older version.
However, chances are high that the job will be effectively compatible with
the 1.11.0 cluster, because we are not changing that much between
minor releases.