On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 1:44 PM Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai <tzuli...@apache.org>
wrote:

> Hi Lian,
>
> Sorry, I didn't realize that the issue you were bumping into was caused by
> the module not being discovered.
> You're right, the harness utility would not help here.

Actually, scratch this comment. The Harness utility actually would help
here with surfacing these module discovery issues / missing META-INF files
in embedded module jars.
When using the Harness, module discovery works exactly the same as normal
application submissions, loaded via the Java SPI.

So, in general, the harness utility can be used to check:

   - Your application logic, messaging between functions, mock ingress
   inputs, etc.
   - Missing constructs in your application modules (e.g. missing ingress /
   egresses, routers)
   - Incorrect module packaging (e.g. missing module.yaml for remote
   modules, or missing META-INF metadata files for embedded modules)

Best,
Gordon