Another thought, would it be possible to
* Spin up new core or task nodes.
* Run a new copy of the same job on these new nodes from a savepoint.
* Have the new job *not* write to the sink until the other job is torn down?

This would allow us to be eventually consistent and maintain writes going
through without downtime. As long as whatever is buffering the sink doesn't
run out of space it should work just fine.

We're hoping to achieve consistency in less than 30s ideally.

Again though, if we could get savepoints to restore in less than 30s that
would likely be sufficient for our purposes.

Thanks!