Hello,

I'm using the Table API and I have a column which is an integer day since
epoch. According to the docs [1] both `int` and `java.lang.Integer` are
acceptable for DATE. However, if I try to use the SQL API to write a DATE
out to the Elasticsearch connector for the INT column I receive an
exception. How then should I go about converting to DATE?

Exception:
Caused by: org.apache.flink.table.api.ValidationException: Field types of
query result and registered TableSink
default_catalog.default_database.sink_es_people do not match.
Query schema: [... column: INT, ...]
Sink schema: [... column: DATE, ...]

I know this column is the culprit because when I make it INT on both ends
it works.

How do I go about making my INT a DATE?

Thanks!

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.11/dev/table/types.html#date-and-time

--

Rex Fenley  |  Software Engineer - Mobile and Backend

Remind.com <https://www.remind.com/> |  BLOG <http://blog.remind.com/>
US <https://twitter.com/remindhq>  |  LIKE US
<https://www.facebook.com/remindhq>