Hi Dian, Community,

(bringing the thread back to wider audience)

As you suggested, I've tried to use DataTypeHint with Row instead of Map but
also this simple case leads to a type mismatch between UDF and Table API.
I've also tried other Map objects from Flink (table.data.MapData,
flink.types.MapValue, flink.table.api.DataTypes.MAP) in addition to Java
(java.util.Map) in combination with DataTypeHint, without success.
N.B. I'm using version 1.11.

Am I doing something wrong or am I facing limitations in the toolkit ?

Thanks in advance for your support !

Best regards,

*Scala UDF*

class dummyMap() extends ScalarFunction {

 @DataTypeHint("ROW<s STRING,t STRING>")
 def eval(): Row = {

    Row.of(java.lang.String.valueOf("foo"), java.lang.String.valueOf("bar"))

  }
}

*Table DDL*

my_sink_ddl = f"""
    create table mySink (
        output_of_my_scala_udf ROW<s STRING,t STRING>
    ) with (
    )
"""

*Error*

Py4JJavaError: An error occurred while calling o2.execute.
: org.apache.flink.table.api.ValidationException: Field types of query
result and registered TableSink
`default_catalog`.`default_database`.`mySink` do not match.
Query result schema: [output_of_my_scala_udf:
GenericType<org.apache.flink.types.Row>]
TableSink schema:    [output_of_my_scala_udf: Row(s: String, t: String)]

--
Pierre