Hi,

I recently discovered some of our data has NULL values arriving in an
ARRAY<STRING> column. This column is being consumed by Flink via the Kafka
connector Debezium format. We seem to be receiving NullPointerExceptions
for when these NULL values in the arrays arrive which restarts the source
operator in a loop.

Is there any way to not throw or to possibly filter out NULLs in an Array
of Strings in Flink?

We're somewhat stuck on how to solve this problem, we'd like to be
defensive about this on Flink's side.

Thanks!

(P.S. The exception was not that informative, there may be room for
improvement in terms of a richer error message when this happens.)

--

Rex Fenley  |  Software Engineer - Mobile and Backend

Remind.com <https://www.remind.com/> |  BLOG <http://blog.remind.com/>
US <https://twitter.com/remindhq>  |  LIKE US
<https://www.facebook.com/remindhq>