Hi Flink-Community,

I'm digging through the history of FlinkML and FLIP-39 [0]. What I understood
so far is that FlinkML has been removed in 1.9, because it got unmaintained.
I'm not really able to find out whether FLIP-39 and providing a replacement for
FlinkML is currently worked on. The Umbrella Jira Ticket FLINK-12470 [1] looks
stale to me.
Was there maybe a change of strategy in the meantime? Is the focus currently on
PyFlink to provide ML-Solutions (FLIP-96 [2])?
It would be really interesting to get some insights about the future and
roadmap of ML in the Flink ecosystem. Thank you very much!

Kind Regards,
Niklas

[0]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/FLIP-39+Flink+ML+pipeline+and+ML+libs