Hi Jiazhi,

you can use a rich function and query all static data in open [1] as you'd
do it in Java if you want to load the data into main memory. If you want to
dynamically query the database (enriching a record), you should use Async
IO instead. [2]

Alternatively, you can also use the data source directly in table API. [3]

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.11/dev/user_defined_functions.html#rich-functions
[2]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.11/dev/stream/operators/asyncio.html
[3]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.11/dev/table/connectors/jdbc.html#how-to-create-a-jdbc-table

--

Arvid Heise | Senior Java Developer

<https://www.ververica.com/>

Follow us @VervericaData

Conference

Ververica GmbH
Managing Directors: Timothy Alexander Steinert, Yip Park Tung Jason, Ji
(Toni) Cheng