From: Kevin Kwon <fsw0...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 3, 2020 8:31
To: user@flink.apache.org <user@flink.apache.org>
Subject: Questions regarding DDL and savepoints

I have a question regarding DDLs if they are considered operators and can be
savepointed

For example

CREATE TABLE mytable (
  id BIGINT,
  data STRING
  WATERMARK(...)
) with (
  connector = 'kafka'
)

If I create the table like above, save&exit and resume application, will the
application start from the save point (including Kafka offset)?

There's also an ongoing issue that was created by me if the operator names can
be specified when creating tables with DDLs