Hi all,

I have a flink job that uses FlinkKafkaConsumer to consume messages off a kafka
topic and a FlinkKafkaProducer to produce records on a Kafka topic. The
consumer works fine. However, the flink job eventually fails with the following
exception.

Caused by: org.apache.kafka.common.errors.TimeoutException: Topic XXX not
present in metadata after 60000 ms.

I did find this issue but didn't have any details so I am not sure if its
related or not.

Some details that might be important:

- yes I verified the topic exists__
- The kafka cluster that the flink job is integrating with is the Confluent
cloud platform at version 5.5.0. This means it should be compatible with apache
kafka 2.5.X.  See here for details
https://docs.confluent.io/platform/current/installation/versions-interoperability.html
- ACLs and SASL SSL are turned on
- a springboot app that I wrote (which uses spring kafka) is able to write to
this same topic using the same credentials as what the flink job is using
- I am on flink 1.11.2 and using the flink-connector-kafka_2.11 at version
1.11.2.
- I turned on trace logs and verified that metadata requests from the flink job
occur and metadata responses from the kafka broker are returned.
- I've set producer semantics to none and disabled checkpointing

the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to
anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the
sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if you or your employer does
not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions
business of my firm shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.