I am setting up a Flink job that will reload a table in a postgres database
using the Flink SQL functionality. I just wanted to make sure that given the
current feature set I am going about this the correct way. I am currently using
version 1.11.2, but plan on upgrading to 1.12 soon whenever it is finalized.

I have setup a staging table and a final table in a postgres database. My plan
is to have a Flink application that will truncate the contents of the staging
table before the job begins using JDBC, run the job to completion, and then
with JDBC delete/insert into the final table from the staging table in a
transaction after the job completes.

Is this the expected way to interact with postgres in a batch job like this? Or
is there some functionality or method that I am missing?

Regards,
Dylan Forciae