Hi Kien,

>From my point of view, RocksDB native metrics could be classified into 5 parts
>below, and you could select what you're interested in to enable. Enable those
>metrics could cause about 10% performance regression, and this might impact
>the overall performance as not all jobs are state-access bottleneck.

Performance related:
state.backend.rocksdb.metrics.actual-delayed-write-rate
state.backend.rocksdb.metrics.is-write-stopped

Compaction & flush related, which will impact the memory usage and write stall:
state.backend.rocksdb.metrics.mem-table-flush-pending
state.backend.rocksdb.metrics.num-running-flushes
state.backend.rocksdb.metrics.compaction-pending
state.backend.rocksdb.metrics.num-running-compactions

Memory usage status:
state.backend.rocksdb.metrics.block-cache-usage  (If Flink's managed memory
over RocksDB is enabled, this value would be the same for all column families
in the same slot)
state.backend.rocksdb.metrics.cur-size-all-mem-tables

DB static properties:
state.backend.rocksdb.metrics.block-cache-capacity

DB number of keys and data usage:
state.backend.rocksdb.metrics.estimate-live-data-size
state.backend.rocksdb.metrics.total-sst-files-size

BTW, state.backend.rocksdb.metrics.column-family-as-variable is not rocksDB
internal metrics but to expose column family as variable so that we could
classify different state status.

Best
Yun Tang